Make applying for scholarships easier and more streamlined with Going Merry!!
Serrano High School students,
Going Merry www.goingmerry.com is an awesome new scholarship website - it makes scholarship applications as easy as college applications are when you use the Common App! There is a big waiting list but all of you can skip it when you sign up here: www.goingmerry.com/sign-up.
Good luck with your scholarship applications!
Going Merry is completely different from the older scholarship search engines:
- Matching - Once you fill out your profile, you are automatically matched with scholarships you are most eligible for.
- Direct Applications - You can apply directly to multiple scholarships, you never need to leave the site.
- Autofilled Applications - All of the information from your profile is autofilled into each application, saving you time.
- Estimated Application Times - Every scholarship has estimated application time to help you prioritize them.
- Scholarships Grouped By Essay Topics - Scholarships are grouped by common essay topics so you can minimize the number of essays you have to write.
Horatio Alger National Career & Technical Scholarship Program
A Clearer Path to College for All Students
Applying to college is a complicated process, so we've created a program that guides you through it. It doesn't require an essay, application, or minimum GPA. Instead, it rewards your effort and initiative. Starting this December, complete key steps along your path to college for a chance to earn scholarships.
The ScholarshipsThe more effort you put in, the more chances you get to earn a scholarship ranging from $500 to $2,000. If you complete all six steps, you’re eligible to earn a $40,000 scholarship. Scholarships are awarded through monthly drawings to students who complete each step.
- Build Your College List: $500
- Get started by exploring colleges you’re interested in.
- Practice for the SAT: $1,000
- Use Official SAT Practice on Khan Academyto get ready for test day.
- Improve Your Score: $2,000
- Show how practice pays off by improving your SAT score.
- Strengthen Your College List: $500
- Make sure your college list has a mix of academic safety, fit, and reach schools.
- Complete the FAFSA: $1,000
- Fill out the free government form to apply for financial aid.
- Apply to Colleges: $1,009
- Apply to the schools you want to attend.
- Complete Your Journey: $40,000
- Complete all six scholarship steps to be eligible for a $40,000 scholarship.
To be eligible, you must:
- Be a high school sophomore, junior or senior
- Plan to study music (to any extent, e.g., composition, performance, music minor) in college
- Submit an audio or video recording of you singing and/or performing the instrument(s) with which you possess the most skill
1. Go to https://aim.applyISTS.net/NFTF (program key NFTF) to create an AIM account using your e-mail address and chosen password
2. Log in to your AIM account to be taken directly to the Welcome page of Notes for the Future Scholarship Program application
3. Complete all required fields in the online application, provide your audition link(s) and upload your high school transcript
4. Click the Submit button on the Save/Submit page of the online application
Need Assistance? ISTS Customer Care is available Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm Central.
Toll-Free Phone: (855) 670-ISTS
Other: Self-Help Portal
THE COLLEGE PEAS STANDOUT STUDENT SCHOLARSHIP
Check out their ongoing scholarship.
- Be a current high school student that Intends to enroll full-time at a four-year college.
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.0/4.0.
- Submit a short essay describing a special skill, talent or interest that helps you standout from your peers. The essay should be no longer than 100 words.
VICTOR VALLEY COMMUNITY COLLEGE--HIGH DESERT COMMITMENT PROGRAM
High Desert Commitment: The High Desert Commitment is the first year experience program dedicated to providing support for students who assess in basic skills/developmental skills courses.
Counseling, Student Support Network, Culturally Enriching Activities, Academic Success Workshops, University Tours, Book Assistance (up to $500 per semester), 2nd Year Assistance & Follow Up, Student Leadership Training/Opportunities, Linked Courses, Mentoring.
How to Apply: Go to the following link and complete First Year Experience Application:
Submit completed Student Success and Equity First Year Experience Application, including personal statement (200-300 word essay describing why you should be selected to participate in this program), and high school transcripts.