Senior Year Information/Links
Interim Associate Vice President for Enrollment Management at the University of La Verne.
The upcoming Preview Day event happening on Saturday, November 18! Below are some of the highlights of the event your students will be able to participate in at the event:
- on-the-spot admission, students will receive a decision the same day!
- hear from current students on a panel
- meet admissions and financial aid representatives
- learn about student support and resources
- tour our beautiful campus, and more!
We appreciate your continuous support in guiding students toward their academic and career goals, and this event will be a valuable resource for them as they prepare for college!
Paige Piontkowsky (she/her)
Interim Associate Vice President for Enrollment Management
Ensuring a successful transition from high school to college is a top priority for CBU. The grant-funded program – Preparados para el Exito (“Prepared for Success”) – will focus on support for Hispanic, low-income students and commuters as well as those entering the pre-nursing program. The grant will fund the establishment of a pre-nursing summer bridge program, tutoring, advising and an enhanced commuter resource center. If your students are interested in pre-nursing, send them our way to get ready for college at CBU in summer 2024!
While this grant will enable us to provide more support to your grads, we know that support begins in high school. We are here to help prepare your students for college and beyond.
- Partnerships with your health pathways programs – we’re happy to offer our medical expert faculty as speakers in your classrooms, and we welcome your students to visit our programs on-campus with personal and customized tours – your students could even sit in on a nursing class!
- FREE college-level courses – our Pre-College Credit classes are online, three-credit classes that your high school students take side-by-side with CBU college students. The next session starts on January 8 and over 20 courses are offered through the program. First class is free!
- College fairs at your school – we’d love to participate. And while we also know parents are critical in the college decision-making process, we’re happy to speak at your family events.
The following presentation will help seniors get started with their California public college applications.
Letter of Recommendation Worksheet
- To access the worksheet, click on the link below. This will take you to a Google doc.
- Copy and paste the worksheet into your own Google doc.
- Share that doc with, or print and give a copy to the people you would like to have the information.
Helpful Questions and Answers About the College Application Process
Use the link below to get information you might need to complete applications for colleges/universities and scholarships. There are also some frequently asked questions that might give you information you are needing. If you still have questions, please be sure to contact your counselor.